NJBA Tax Reform Seminar
Jan 30, 2018
9:00 am – 12:00 pm
3.3 NJ CLE Credits (pending)
NJBA is hosting a seminar to review the recently approved Tax Cuts and Jobs Act and provide critical updates on how the new federal law will impact you, your business and the building industry.
Critical Tax Changes and Questions Answered
- Learn how SALT deductions being capped at $10,000 will impact the housing market and home prices.
- Find out how you qualify for the “pass through” benefits of the new plan. Real estate companies and owners are supposed to get a 20% reduction the taxable rate on real estate income. But it’s complicated.
- Learn about how the change in “carried interest,” also known as a “preferred return,” is classified. This will have a major effect on some real estate investments— especially shorter term real estate deals.
- Find out how the elimination and reduction of numerous deductions might impact your filing.
- Hear whether lower corporate rates and pass through deductions ultimately make the tax bill a positive for NJ, or are NJ residents doomed by limited deductions of high state and local taxes?
Hear from the Experts
- Member Rate: $95
- Non-Member Rate: $110