Prepare Yourself for Increased Liability on Builders and Contractors
NJBA will host an educational seminar on Wednesday, February 26th at 9:00am on the various changes to NJ’s labor laws. There has been a multitude of legislation passed over the last two years that impacts the homebuilding community; many of these laws could have a significant effect on your interactions with employees and subcontractors. Come hear from a panel of experts on NJ’s changing landscape of employment and contracting laws including the following topics:
- Misclassification of Workers
- Independent Contractors
- Increased Builder/Contractor Liability
- Wage Theft/Claims
- Marijuana in the Workplace
- Minimum Wage
- Sick Leave & Family Leave
- Equal Pay for Equal Work
- George J. Tyler, Esq. – The Law Office of George J. Tyler, P.C.
- Tracy Armstrong, Esq. – Wilentz, Goldman & Spitzer, P.A.
- Heather Brochin, Esq. – Day Pitney LLP
- Douglas Diaz, Esq. – Archer & Greiner, P.C.
- Alexa Miller, Esq. – Faegre Drinker LLP
- Mark Tabakman, Esq. – Fox Rothschild LLP
* 2.8 CLE credits are available